- Mary Matha Arts & Science College, Mananthavady is situated on a beautiful hilltop on the Mananthavady-Mysore Highway amidst the sprawling greenery of the Western Ghats, one of the crucial bio-diversity hot spots. The major reason for selecting this place as the site for the College was to provide a pristine pollution-free environment to the students, conducive to academic activities.
- The Students’ Union, NSS, NCC, the Bhoomithrasena Club, Women’s Cell, the Central Library with its Book Bank Facility & the Network Resource Centre, the College Canteen, the Mentoring System, the Counseling Cell, the Career Guidance and Placement Cell, and the Scholarship Processing Cell offer Student Welfare Services across the Campus. The College has undertaken quite a few Extension Services like the Maithri Community Development Programme, the Karunya Charity Mission, Employment Training Programme for Tribal Women and Community Radio Service in association with the Radio Mattoli.
- Systems have been created on the campus for the Student Community to imbibe values of Social Commitment. The Academic Community observes the College Anthem in the morning in order to respect the College and the National Anthem in the evening as a mark of respect to the Country, which offers tremendous individual freedom.
- The most significant and revolutionary practice on Campus has been holding the Students’ Union Elections in the Parliamentary Mode following the Lyngdoh Commission recommendations, braving initial resistance, to ensure violence-free atmosphere on the campus. The Project on English Newspaper Reading, PEN-R, launched in 2006, has been proved successful in inculcating reading habit among the entire students of the College.
- TheCertificate Course in Communicative English, offered by the Department of English aims at training the students in the use of English for academic and interactional purposes. The system of maintaining the Work Done Diary of the Faculty, the Diary of the Class Representatives, Separate Registers for recording the Achievements of both the Faculty and the Students etc. have added special flavor to the flourishing co-and extra-curricular activities on the Campus.
- Mary Matha
provides an excellent and salubrious environment for the students to get the
best in Wayanad with outstanding opportunities to make the most of their
intellectual potentials. As a Christian Minority Institution, it endeavours to
inculcate in them human values and social commitment as envisaged by Jesus
Christ. It considers education not just as a search for knowledge, but as a
great mission in which both the teachers and students participate in the process
of developing human resources for the benefit of the society and the nation.
The College seeks to instill in the students an awareness of their social
rootedness and encourage them to be active agents in the construction of a just
social order after its stated Motto, Vision, and Mission. Though a minority
institution, the College includes in its purview the educational aspirations of
the community as a whole, irrespective of religion, caste, and social status.