Department of Physical Education
The Department of Physical Education promotes interest in sports and games among students. Coaching camps in various disciplines are conducted during the year. There are five seats reserved under sports quota for degree courses. A photocopy of the original application along with copies of sports certificates should be presented to the Department of Physical Education for considering a student for admission under sports quota.
Grace marks will be awarded to students who represent the university in Inter-University competitions. Students are prohibited to participate in tournaments conducted by external agencies without prior permission of the Principal. Students who are proficient in sports and games are eligible for scholarships awarded by the Sports Authority of India and State and Central Governments.
Aims and Goals of Physical Education
The aims and goals of physical education are very broad-based. It does not deal with physical wellbeing alone. It should benefit the whole individual and aid his/her development in such a way that he/she is in a position to promote the well-being of the society in general. It should increase the individual’s physical, mental and intellectual capabilities for the benefit of the society. It also helps in developing leadership qualities and social skills as well as the ability to handle completion effectively.
- All-round development of the personality
- Physically, Mentally, Emotionally, Socially, and Spiritually well balanced individual
- Sport participation should make interaction with other student studying in various Colleges and University
- work according to the Need of the student
- Make a fine tuned individual
- Make high level performers
- Stress on the individual needs
- Participation in sports makes satisfaction
- main thrust is given on recreation and relaxation
- 200mtrs.Track and football field in the year 1996
- Volleyball court in the year1997
- Facility for Chess in the year1997
- Basketball court (Mud) in the year 1998
- Yoga Club in the year 1998
- Badminton court (Out door) in the year 1999
- Cricket pitch in the year 2000
- Archery facility in the year 2001
- Health fitness and yoga Club in the year 2002
- facility for Table Tennis in the year 2003
- One more volleyball court in the year2004
- Two new Cricket pitch in the year 2008-09
- One more Table Tennis in the year 2010
- UGC has sanctioned assistance for the development of Rs 1200000/- for the 105x70 Outdoor stadium and Rs 3000000/- for the Indoor Training facility (20x15x7). Plan and estimate have been submitted to the UGC. (2010-11)
- Certificate Course in Yogic Sciences is started in the year 2010-11
- We have membership in various Clubs and Association, who help in the development of sports
- Nelson V O won I Place in Table Tennis and represented the Kannur University in the Inter Univ. Championship at Hyderabad.
- The Kannur University Inter Collegiate Wrestling Championship: Aldy George, Shinoob T M and Sibi Joseph won the Third Place.
- Jini N.P. represented the Wayanad District in the State Women Cricket Championship.
- Askar Ali won the First Place in Discuss Throw, the Second Place in Shotput, and in Relay.
- Jithin M.K. won the Second Place in 5000 Mtrs Race, Our Team won the II Place in 4 x 400 Relay, and in 4 x100 Relay, and the Third Place in 800 Mtrs Race in the The District Level Amateur Athletic Meet