The Central Library and Reading RoomThe college has a fully automated central library, the major learning resource of the institution, with the following facilities:
- A spacious common reading room with 70 chairs and 19 round tables Separate Reading Space for staff members
Resource Centre (NRC) with 14 Computers
Room – Entry is allowed to students on request
for the Librarian
- A room,
next to the Cabin of the Librarian, for routine check up and repair of damaged
(that can also be used as a computer printer) is kept very close to the
computers in the NRC.
are arranged on a Display Board. The back volumes are arranged on the space
provided behind the Display Board
- A cubicle/space for book distribution at the entrance of the Library
- The Library is automated with KOHA Software
The books are housed in well maintained stacks.
Internet facility is provided to all students and faculty in the library, free of cost.
Twelve Systems are set apart in NRC for students and staff.
Two Systems are provided exclusively for the Catalogue Search (OPAC) in the Library.
Students have access to Library and Internet from 9am to 4.30 pm.
Access to INFLIBNET is made available.
An average of hundred students use the Internet facility per day except when there are connectivity problems.
- The library has a two point Checking System; the users are advised to keep their personal belongings on shelves near the entrance and it is ensured that only books entered in the Issue Register/Computer are taken out of the library.
- Each student is issued library cards in order to encourage their use of the library and to make the same smooth and efficient.
- The library remains open between 9.00 a.m. and 4.30 p.m. on all working days.
- The library regularly subscribes to many journals (including international ones) and procures new books.
|1||Dr Fr George P. V. MLISc PhD||The Librarian|
|2||Ms Philomina P. J BCom HDC||Library Assistant|
|2||Mr. Jose Augustine BA||Library Assistant|