Dr Mary Nirmala Borgia
Dr. Mary Nirmala Borgia , Associate Professor has been teaching in the faculty of Zoology for the past 22years and is basically an Entomologist with a back ground on Insect Endocrinology and Biological control of Insect Pests.
- Passed MSc. in General and Applied Zoology with specialization in Entomology with III Rank from Department of Zoology, University of Kerala, Kariavattom, Trivandrum in 1990.
- Qualified MPhil.in Zoology with specialization in Insect Endocrinology with I Rank from Department of Zoology, University of Kerala, Kariavattom, Trivandrum in 1993.
- Passed BEd. in Natural Science from Teacher Education Centre, Kollam in 1994.
- Awarded PhD. in Zoology from University of Kerala on the topic ‘Biocontrol Potential of the Entomopathogenic nematode Heterorhabditis indica against Selected Pests of Cucurbits’ under UGC-FIP in 2018.
- Before joining this college she started her career as Junior Lecturer in VHSE, Nandikkara, Trichur in 1996.
- Soon after she joined as Lecture in Zoology in Sree Neelakanda Memorial Govt. Sanscrit College, Pattambi, Palakkad.
- Qualified PSC Examination and appointed in the Govt. College, Chittoor, Palakkad.
- Published one paper in an international journal, three papers in national journals and presented three papers in national seminars.
- Attended many workshops and seminars in and out Kerala.
- Life member of Association for advancement of Entomology (AAE).
- Member, Board of Studies-Zoology, Kannur University (Former)
- Member, Faculty of Science, Kannur University (Former)
- Participated in the syllabus construction of Kannur University.
- In Mary Matha College she had been Secretary to Staff Council, PTA Executive Council Member, Staff Association Secretary,Member of the College Co-operative Store Director Board, Member of Library Advisory Committee, Member of the College Level Monitoring Committee for the Effective Implementation of the Credit and Semester System, Canteen Committee Co-ordinator, Convenor of Women Harassment Prevention Committee, Member Anti-ragging Squad, Co-ordinator of Anti-harassment Committee, Co-ordinator of Certificate Course on Organic Farming etc.
- Also she has been actively involved and co-ordinated various student oriented programs as Advisor to the Student’s Union (thrice), Fine Arts Co-ordinator, Member of Career Guidance and Councelling Cell, Member of Grievance Redressal and Counselling Cell, Member of Prevention of Raging and Campus Violence Cell, Co-Ordinator of ECOFRIENDS etc.
- View Complete Profile