Dr P K Prasadan (On Deputation)
- Dr PK Prasadan, Associate Professor, did MSc in Zoology with specialization in Parasitology before completing PhD (Parasitology) on a CSIR Fellowship at the University of Calicut.
- Qualified NET of ICAR in Veterinary Parasitology through Agriculture Research Service (ARS) Examination.
- Joined Vijaya College,
Bangalore as a Lecturer in Zoology in 1992. In 1993, he was awarded the CSIR Research
Associateship and moved to the Aqua Lab, Department of Zoology, Bangalore
University to carry out post-doctoral research on the histopathology of a microsporean disease in the freshwater prawn Macrobrachium
- Joined this college in 1996.
- Served Kannur University (2008-2012) on deputation as Course Director to establish The Post Graduate & Research Department of Zoology at Mananthavady Campus and to launch a post graduate programme in Applied Zoology with specialization in Biodiversity Conservation and Management.
- Under his chairmanship the curriculum and syllabi of the MSc Applied Zoology course with specialization in Biodiversity Conservation and Management was prepared.
- Is the Founder Director of the Kannur University Campus, Mananthavady, Wayanad.
- Has published fifteen research papers in international journals, apart from various other publications in national journals and contributions to various national and international seminars and conferences.
- Has completed two externally funded research projects and is now working on a UGC funded research project.
- Has organized several seminars including an International Seminar in which Dr
Jane Smart, Global Director of IUCN was the key resource person.
- Organized a National Workshop (20, 21 & 22 march 2014) on the Application of Statistics in Bioscience Research funded by UGC
- Is the Expert member of the Doctoral Committee in Zoology of Mahatma Gandhi University.
- Had been a member of the first Academic Council of Kannur University.
- Had been a member of PG and UG Boards of studies of Kannur University.
- Member of the editorial board of the international journal, Biochemical and Cellular Archives.
- Had been the Chairman of: (1) Doctoral Committee in Zoology of Kannur University (2009-12),
(2) Expert Committee to design the curriculum and syllabi of MSc Applied
Zoology course of Kannur University (2008-12) and (3) Board of Adjudicators to evaluate
PhD thesis in Zoology of MG University.
- First co-ordinator of PhD coursework programme in Zoology of Kannur University.
- Is a resource person of SCERT, Govt. of Kerala, Kerala Sastra Sahitya Parishath, Department of Forest and Wild Life, MS Swaminathan Resarch Foundation, School of Wildlife Studies in the Veterinary University, Pookkod, eco clubs of schools, OISCA International and many other NGOs.
- Is an approved Research Guide of Kannur University and his field of specialization is Biodiversity, Parasitology and Ecological Parasitology.
- Has four students pursuing research for PhD degree under his guidance.
- Is holding the additional responsibility of
the Co-ordinator of Internal Quality Assurance Cell of the College; prepared the Re-accreditation Report 2013 and submitted it to NAAC. (College has been re-accredited with A Grade in 2014)
- Is a consultant of several NGOs on environmental issues.
- Is a life member of Indian Society for Parasitology
- Former District Council Secretary & South India Council Member
of OISCA International (NGO with consultative status of UN)
- Member, Management Committee, Community Radio Mattoli, Wayanad.
- is the Chairman of the Advisory Committee of the DST sponsored Project, JEEVANI of the Community Radio Mattoli.