Dr Sudha Devi A R
- Dr Sudha Devi AR, Associate Professor, did M Sc and M Phil in Zoology at the Department of Zoology, University of Calicut. She was awarded Ph D degree (University of Calicut) for her thesis on Certain Aspects of Growth and Reproduction in Brachyura on a CSIR fellowship, under the guidance of Prof Rita G Adiyodi.
- The topic of her post doctoral research was the Developmental Biology of the Silkworm Bombyx mori.
- Scientist at the Silkworm Seed Technology Laboratory, Central Silk Board (Ministry of Textiles, Govt of India), Bangalore (1992-1997)
- Her research interests include Biology and Reproductive Physiology of freshwater crabs.
- She has fifteen research publications in various national and international journals apart from her contributions in various seminars and workshops.
- Presented a research paper in the 10th Colloquium Crustacea Decapoda Mediterranea at Athens, Greece in 2012.
- Completed two minor research projects funded by UGC and a major research project assisted by Kerala State Council for Science Technology; a UGC minor research project ongoing
- Approved research guide of Kannur University and Bharathiar University, Coimbatore and presently three scholars have been pursuing research for PhD degree under her guidance.
- Underwent several training programmes in
molecular biological techniques.
- Member Syndicate, Senate and Academic Council, Kannur University (2006-2010).
- Member of several academic bodies in India and abroad (Carcinological Society Japan, International Society for Zoological Sciences, International Crustacean Society, Asian Fisheries Society,Indian Sericulture Society and Society for Reproductive Biology & Comparative Endocrinology).