Mr Biju Joseph
- Biju Joseph has been teaching English language, literature and allied subjects like ‘Culture Studies’ for the past 21 years.
joining this college in 1997, he taught in a university and a college, and also
worked as a journalist.
- Passed MA from the Kerala University Institute (Department) of English, Thiruvananthapuram, after having studied under respected teachers like Dr K Ayyappa Panicker, Dr V Rajakrishnan, Dr Jancy James et al.
- Qualified UGC-JRF in the same year.
- Had worked as Sub-Editor in the Indian Express, Mumbai for about a year before
joining the Department of English & Other Modern European Languages,
Visva-Bharati, Santiniketan for full-time research as a UGC Fellow under the
supervision of Dr Bikash Chakravarty on the topic Colonial Representations in Selected Works of Joseph Conrad. He also taught BA & MA classes for about 1.5 years there as part of JRF duties.
- Has attended many workshops & seminars in the various
departments of Visva-Bharati and in many institutions in the country (like
American Studies Research, Hyderabad; CIEFL, Hyderabad; Rajasthan University,
Jaipur; National Library, Kolkota etc.)
- Was appointed as Lecturer in Ananda Chandra College,
Jalpaiguri by the West Bengal College Service Commission (after a selection
process meant for the whole state)
as Lecturer in Christ College, Irinjalakuda before joining this college
University first rank in BA
two National Merit Scholarships & one State Govt Merit Scholarship
the written test for Combined Defence Service exam
- Was selected for the PhD program of Madras IIT
- In Mary Matha, he has been actively involved in co-ordinating and assisting in student activities in various capacities like Union Advisor, Staff Editor of the College Magazine, Fine Arts Co-ordinator, Co-ordinator of the Tutorial System, Co-ordinator of the Grievance Redress Cell etc.
- Edited (and also wrote, in part) the NAAC SSR of the college in 2005
- Did research for about 5 years; wrote a part of the PhD dissertation
- View Complete Profile