The National Service Scheme(NSS)The College has two units of the National Service Scheme (Unit No. 33 & 46 of the Kannur University). The N. S. S. Units facilitate training for 200 students in Social Work. The Units are under the supervision of Mr Bibin Jose and Sr Dr Bindhu K Thomas, the Program Officers. The units have undertaken a number of programs that help the students to have a socially committed attitude in their education. The volunteers are trained to preserve human values in their life along with the honours and titles that they achieve in their academic tenure. To accomplish this NSS organizes the following activities.
- 20 hours dedicated to the orientation for the NSS Volunteers to get acquainted with the philosophy, history, aims and objectives of NSS through lectures, discussions, audio‐visuals etc.
- To develop soft skills we give training in Self
awareness, Leadership etc.
- Seven days special camp in an adopted village. Concentrates on asset creation, awareness programs etc.
- Two-day pre camp in the college to prepare the volunteers for the special camp.
- Nature camp in a wild life sanctuary.
- Karunya Mission – Food for the patients in Govt. District Hospital Mtdy once in a month.
- Organ Donation – Consent from all the NSS volunteers for organ donation.
- Home for homeless - Constructs a home for a needy in the adopted village. A new ongoing project.
- Blood donation – Conducts blood donation camps and maintains a directory containing the blood group and contact details of the entire college.
- Environment enrichment programs – Green and plastic free Campus, Vegetable Garden (We received govt. assistance of Rs. 43000 for the same last year)
- Health awareness programs- First Aid Training Programs to the students, formed Palliative care Unit.
- Educational Programs - Career Guidance Programs, Personality Development & Leadership Classes. Support penR by conducting quiz competitions based on the news papers.
- Observe important days and conduct different competitions for the students of entire college and distribute prizes for the winners.
- Women Empowerment Programs
- Social Service Programs- Work in institutions meant for physically and mentally handicapped, visiting orphanages etc.
- Production Oriented Programs- Recycling of CFL lamps, training in typing, basic electrical maintenance awareness etc.
- Relief & Rehabilitation work during Natural calamities - Care and Share Project, Miss a Meal Project, Palliative Care Program. Cleans the Gandhi Statue in Mtdy in association with GandhidarsanVedi.
- Sruthi Mol, participated in the RD Parade in 2011 at New Delhi.
- Three volunteers participated in the Koodankulam agitation.
- Six volunteers participated in the Peoples Assembly at Tvm which addressed different environmental issues in Kerala. The volunteers had an interaction with MedhaPadker and Sugathakumari.
- Two volunteers attended the NSS state level camp.
- Twenty eight students were selected by ASAP last year training camp of which 10 were recruited as Skill Development Executives.